Buying a home today can be a challenge, with Baymore Homes, you’ll have a seasoned real estate partner to help you navigate the market. Our unique approach and tools will give you an advantage in your home search. We’re here for you every step of the way. With our vast array of service support, you can be confident that you will find your dream home.
Initial CallThe initial call is an opportunity for us to better understand your real estate needs and timelines, as well as to make sure we are a good fit for each other. It usually takes about 30 minutes. During this call, we will ask you questions about:
- What kind of property you are interested in (e.g. house, condo, land, etc.)
- Your budget
- Your timeframe for buying or selling
- Your location preferences
- Any other relevant information that will help us serve you better
Next step is to get pre-approved for a mortgage. This will help you understand what you can afford and what your payments will be.
Getting pre-approved is easy. Just contact a lender and submit some basic information about yourself and your finances. The lender will then give you a letter that shows how much they’re willing to lend you.
Once you have your pre-approval letter, you can start shopping for homes within your price range. This will help you narrow down your options and make the home-buying process a lot easier.
If you need help getting pre-approved or would like a second opinion, we have a number of lenders you can talk to. Just reach out and we’ll be happy to help.
Checking out potential neighbourhoods is an essential first step in finding your perfect home. But it can also be a lot of fun! We attempt to tour a few properties that meet your needs first so we can narrow down what is important for you and your family. Before we get started, we suggest a few tips to narrow down areas and find the one that’s right for you.
- Make a list of your must-haves. What are your dealbreakers? Location, amenities, school district, commute?
- Do your research. Once you’ve narrowed down your list of potential neighbourhoods, it’s time to start exploring! Check out online resources, read local news and talk to people who live there.
- Get a feel for the neighbourhood. Spend some time walking or driving around the area to get a sense of what it’s like. Pay attention to things like the condition of the homes, the friendliness of the people and the overall atmosphere.
- Consider your lifestyle. Think about how the neighbourhood would fit with your lifestyle. If you’re active, look for areas with good walking trails or parks. If you have kids, make sure there are schools nearby.
We’ll help you hone in on your family’s needs and some of your wish list items to make sure you’re getting exactly what you want in your new home. Virtual or private showings are no problem – just let us know what works best for you.
With our expertise, we can discuss the pros and cons of each property until you find “the one”!
Make an Offer
If you’re lucky enough to find the home of your dreams, you may have to act fast if it’s in a hot market. However, if market conditions are more balanced, you’ll have time to consult with your financial advisor, etc. and make sure you’re comfortable with the purchase before putting in an offer.
There are a number of conditions that can be included in an agreement of purchase and sale, depending on the condition of the property, the type of property and its location. Financing and inspection are two of the more common conditions.
You usually have a week to satisfy any conditions that are included in the agreement. If everything checks out, you’ll have a firm deal.
Firm to Close
Closing day…the day you’ve been waiting for! Here’s what to expect leading up to it:
Once your deal is firm, you’ll need to contact your real estate lawyer and mortgage broker. They’ll need a copy of the paperwork in order to get started on their end. If you need help finding a lawyer, we have a few we can highly recommend.
Next, you’ll have a few visits prior to close. Typically, visits are used to do any measuring, determining where your furniture will go on moving day, etc. We keep one visit until a day or two prior to close to make sure everything is in order.
On closing day itself, we’ll be there to make sure everything is going smoothly. Once you have the keys, we’ll stop by to check in.
Congratulations – you’ve officially closed on your new home!